Friday 18 August 2017

Rapid Fire! 20mm D-Day 1944 - Omaha Beach (part 15) - Shermans Dozer, DD's and PT Boat

 
We need eighteen Sherman to portray correctly the 741st and 743rd tank Battalion on Omaha Beach. Trusting the high casualty rate of all these machines on that day I only built up to now three Sherman DD full model and three other bottom flat models (in fact the the only difference between them is the absence of wheels) and one Dozer. More to come in the future I hope, in spite of that thing - the future, I mean - being a strange and uncertain matter.
 
The Sherman DD are conversion from the very old and relatively useless Atlantic soft plastic model. I built a new mantlet for the 75mm gun and the metal and canvas structures and vertical exhaust pipes were made out of plastic card and two component paste.
 
I chose to model the swimming models with the canvas down as if they are very close to shore but also because I may just add their wheels and tracks and turn them into full models.
 
 
The Sherman Dozer is a Britannia model .
 
 
 
Finally a Revell PT Torpedo Boat to protect the 'Mason Line' from the dangerous German S-Boats.
 
Next: WN 61.
 

2 comments:

  1. I like these . We did ours from blue foam and used our plastic turrets. ...glasgow warhog blog...

    ReplyDelete